When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- How to Ask for Help at Work – Putting in a bit of extra legwork when asking for help can make a big difference. When it comes to asking your question, style can be as important as substance. Don’t just ask your question; share all the hard work you’ve done to help yourself before involving other people.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- The Six Keys to Positive Communication – Improving communication skills can help you achieve your goals and deepen your relationships. Based on research, here are six concrete behaviors that you can put in place today to improve your communication.
- Essentials of Investing: Building for Retirement – In this webinar, Principal will dive into what investing is, how it works, and what strategies can help you meet your future goals. The webinar will wrap up with a discussion on how you can make money from investing. Wednesday, May 19th at 12PM ET.
- Build a Budget That Brings You Joy – Forget the dreaded ‘b’ word. This approach is about building a budget that loves you back by creating a plan that brings you joy while letting you accumulate wealth.
- Timing is Everything for Fast, Lasting Fat Loss – Research has verified what celebrity nutritionist JJ Virgin has been telling clients and readers for decades: to hit your fat loss goals and maintain that success, timing is everything. Put another way, what you eat is just as important as when you eat. The timing of your meals can either set you up to burn fat or store it away. Learn JJ’s top tips.
- There’s a Name for the Blah You’re Feeling: It’s Called Languishing – The neglected middle child of mental health can dull your motivation and focus — and it may be the dominant emotion of 2021. What is the antidote to languishing? Adam Grant, organizational psychologist at Wharton, shares his views.
- We All Really Need a Vacation. Here’s How to Make the Most of It. After the challenges of the last year, taking time away from work and your responsibilities is especially important. Rest and time away increase resilience, which makes people better able to deal with the inevitable setbacks at work. It provides a perspective that can help people see new solutions to problems, and it gives people a chance to pursue other life goals. Being deliberate about how you plan your vacation will maximize its many benefits.
- How to Help India Amid the COVID Crisis – Donors around the world are giving money for meals, medical expenses, P.P.E. and oxygen tanks, among other essential supplies. Here’s how you can help.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- For Mothers in the Workplace, a Year (and counting) Like No Other – McKinsey takes a look at how the COVID-19 pandemic has forced a reckoning between career ambitions and family aspirations for many women, and what companies can do to help them.
- How Philips Views a Leader’s Role in Mental Health at Work – Dr. Daniela Seabrook is the CHRO for global health technology Philips, and she also happens to be a trained as a clinical psychologist. Dr. Seabrook shares her unique views on mental health in the workplace and the approach that Philips is taking to ensure the health and wellbeing of their employees.