I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Below please find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
Alera Virtual Wellbeing Fair
- On-Demand Recordings – If you missed some of the sessions from our Alera Group 2020 Virtual Wellbeing Fair, there is still time to access this great content! An amazing array of experts shared their insight on supporting our children through uncertain times, managing our finances during the pandemic, playing to your strengths at work, managing burnout and more! Please take advantage of these wonderful events!
- Cultivating Belonging in the Workplace – Uncertainty and instability often give rise to conflict and a feeling of separation. In this webinar, renowned mindfulness teacher Jack Kornfield will show us how we can bring forgiveness and compassion to our work relationships and navigate difficult situations skillfully. Thursday, October 29th at 12PM ET.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to explain anything to anyone: 4 steps to clearer communication – Have you ever been talking to someone and see that they checked out? Here are some tips to help you be able to explain pretty much anything to anyone more effectively.
- 5 Signs You Need A Money Cleanse – Cleanses are a great way to hit reset on certain areas of your life. They help you break bad habits, flush toxins, and set yourself up with a powerful plan for the future. A 30-Day Money Cleanse is no different than any other cleanse – except that it hits reset on your money.
- The 10 Biggest Health Food Trends of 2021, According to Whole Foods Market – For the 6th year in a row, Whole Foods Market has released its annual Top 10 Food Trends list, and in 2021, we can expect to see a lot of fancy basics, innovative oils, plenty of chickpeas, and more. This article reveals the top food trends that are about to take over grocery shelves and pantries nationwide.
- How to Methodically Increase Your Walking Speed – If you are looking to accomplish more work in the same amount of time, this article will give you some pointers on how to improve your walking speed in a practical and thoughtful way.
- This Election Season, It’s Going to Take More Than Deep Breaths – This article from Ginger.io discusses how to deal with the 3 most common election stressors; navigating difficult conversations with loved ones, dealing with uncertainty and concern for the future, and feeling generally overwhelmed.
- Emotional Resilience – Famed mindfulness teacher Tara Brach will speak on emotional resilience, lead a practice using the RAIN (Recognize, Allow, Investigate, Nurture) method, and discusses how to avoid being hijacked by stressful stimuli. Scroll down the page to watch the recording at your leisure.
- Rock the Vote Volunteer Opportunities – Rock the Vote focuses on registering, educating and turning out young people to vote. See their ‘Get Involved’ page to see how you can help.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- 11 Secrets from Top Talent Leaders: How to Increase Employee Engagement, Trust, and Belonging During COVID-19/Remote Work – PwC reported 54% of CFOs now plan to make remote work a permanent option. Loneliness is currently one of the top reported problems from remote workers. In this article, top talent leaders from Fortune 1000 companies share their top tips for employee engagement, trust and belonging in the Age of Remote.