Only 43% of adults with mental illness get treatment, and the average delay between symptom onset and treatment for mental illnesses is 11 years. If you want to support your teammates with mental health issues, check out the resources below.
Mental Health Screening Tools
- Mental Health America: Leverage available mental health tests to share with your doctor if you might be experiencing a mental health condition.
Stigma-Free Company Resources:
- NAMI: Pledge to be a Stigma-free Company and review resources to help with this initiative
- Harvard Business Review Article: 8 Ways Managers Can Support Employees’ Mental Health
- Mind Share Partners 2019 Report: Understand how much we actually know about the lived experience of mental health and stigma in the workplace.
- Black Female Therapists: Resource guide to help locate a therapist in your area.
- Dr. Alfiee (Instagram): Follow Dr. Alfiee on Instagram as she is committed to normalizing #mentalhealth in communities of color.
- Couched in Color Podcast: Weekly podcast by Dr. Alfiee designed to enlighten and encourage dialogue on the mental health needs of youth, young adults, families, and communities of color.
Mental Health Foundations:
Diversity and Inclusion Resources:
Coronavirus Workplace Mental Health Resources for HR and People leaders:
- Toolkit and Forbes article: Action-oriented tips and company examples to help managers and leaders support employee mental health during this time.
Creating a Mental Health Employer Resource Group (ERG):
- Mental Health ERG Virtual Community: A free network to connect and share with employee resource groups (ERGs) across the nation that support mental health at work
- Harvard Business Review Article: How to Form a Mental Health ERG
- Free Toolkit: 7 essential steps to creating a mental health employee resource group (ERG).
Mindshare Workplace Mental Health Training:
- Training Solutions: Learn about Mind Share Partners' workplace mental health training solutions including manager series, executive sessions, company-wide training and more.
- MindShare Partners Free Webinar: Next one on September 10, 2020. This is a recurring webinar series that gives HR, People, Culture, and D&I leaders an introduction to developing a mental health strategy for their company and an opportunity to learn more about Mind Share Partners
- Mind Share Partners Institute: (Next cohort starts October 1) An online certification program to equip you with the knowledge and skills to create a culture of support for mental health at your organization.
Want to learn more, watch our Reducing Mental Health Stigma in the Workplace Webinar Recording!